Tuesday 22 September 2015

FortiMail quarantine URL points to the wrong address

Today I was testing out the quarantine feature on the FortiMail and noticed something strange with the release link. The domain name that the link forwarded me to was doubling the hostname of the FortiMail.

For example, below is the quarantine email I received. I click on the 'Release' link to try and release the email:


Unfortunately the quarantine page doesn't load. Looking at the URL I can see that it's pointing to mail.mail.ingramlabs.com.au instead of mail.ingramlabs.com.au. The 'mail' hostname here has doubled up for some reason.



To fix this we can specify the web release hostname which is blank by default.

Goto AntiSpam > Quarantine and enter your FQDN or IP address of your FortiMail then save the change.


Wait until a new quarantine email is sent and you should see the URL is pointing to the correct address now.


No comments: