Thursday 9 May 2013

Unable to change HA mode from Standalone on a FortiGate


Today while setting up two devices in HA I noticed that each time I changed the mode from 'Standalone' to 'Active-Passive' or 'Active-Active', the config would always revert backto 'Standalone' after I applied the change.


Going into the CLI to try these changes, I can't even see the 'mode' option available within the HA config.

The problem turns out to be due to DHCP being enabled on some of my interfaces. HA cannot be configured if any of the interfaces have DHCP or PPPOE configured.

So you just go into each interface and ensure that the 'Addressing mode' is set to 'Manual'


Once this is completed on every interface go back to the HA config and it should apply your mode changes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. Problem solved !

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help, I spent 30 minutes trying to work out what on earth was going on!