Thursday 9 May 2013

Unable to select different UTM policies in FortiOS 5.0

*Updated for 5.0.7*

I've decided to upgrade one of our FG80's to FortiOS 5.0 to give it a run. Once the upgrades were complete I factory reset the device to start fresh.

One of the first things I noticed was that there was no way for me to select a different UTM profile!



It seems that the UTM multiple policy selector is disabled by default in 5.0 (rather silly). Fortunately it's very simple to re-enable.

Goto System > Admin > Settings, scroll down and enable the 'Multiple UTM Profiles' checkbox.


After you apply the changes go back to a UTM section and you'll see the drop down policy selector back.



************Update************
Please note that in the newest versions of FortiOS 5 (5.0.3 and onwards), the location of the GUI feature settings have changed to System > Config > Features. The same options are available, just moved around.



4 comments:

Dementor said...

I have a Fortigate 60C with the latest firmware 5.0.7 and the whole "display options on GUI" seems to be missing do you have any idea how i enable it and how i can enable multiple UTM profiles?

Allan Mouawad said...

The location of the GUI feature settings have changed since 5.0.3. You should now be able to find these under System > Config > Features. I've updated the blog post with these details.

Dementor said...

Allan thanks for the reply.
I had to press the show more to find the actual setting but your post put me in the right direction i appreciate the help.
I still cant understand why Fortinet disabled this by default ....

Unknown said...

Man, you saved my life.
Thanks. :*